1. The 5th Joint Entrance Exam (Main) - 2017
will be conducted on 02/04/2017 (Sunday) by the JEE Apex Board for admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programmes in NITs, IIITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions etc. The aspiring candidates have to apply online only through JEE (Main) website: www.jeemain.nic.in
2. Following two changes in the JEE pattern for 2017
has notified by The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India:
3. Participating States:
- There shall be no weightage for the 12th class marks in calculating the ranks in the JEE (Main) examination.
- For the candidates to qualify for the admission in the IITs/NITs/IIITs and such other CFTIs whose admissions are based on the JEE (Advanced) / JEE (Main) ranks, they should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST students the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
The States of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttarakhand, Nagaland and Odisha have joined JEE (Main) system. Therefore, the candidates seeking admission to the institutions in these states, which were earlier admitting based on their State level examination, are also advised to fill in the JEE (Main)-2017 application form online. The JEE (Main) will also be an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which the candidate has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the IITs/ISM Dhanbad.
4. Indian citizen candidates should possess AADHAAR card issued by UIDAI:
At the time of filling application form of JEE (Main)-2017, the candidates will have to enter their AADHAAR number, name, date of birth & gender which will be validated with the UIDAI’s data. In case, these particulars do not match, the candidate will not be able to fill the application form of JEE (Main)-2017.
5. The AADHAAR card provision shall not be applicable for the states of J&K, Assam & Meghalaya.
The candidates who have passed or appearing in Class XII examination from the states of J&K, Assam & Meghalaya need to enter the passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number provided they should select the city of examination in these states only.
6. Choice of Medium of Question Papers:
7. All correspondence related to JEE (Main)–2017 should be addressed to:
- All Examination Centre Cities - English and Hindi Medium
- Examination Centre Cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli - English, Hindi and Gujarati
The Executive Director, (JAB), Central Board of Secondary Education,H-149, Sector - 63, Noida, Distt. Gautam Budh Nagar 201309 (UP)
Important Dates of JEE (Main) 2017
- Exam Date :Offline: First week of April | Online: Second week of April
- Declaration of Result : Last week of April